Sunday, October 07, 2007

Paul Simon Quotes

Quotes by Paul Simon:

Some people never say the words 'I love you'. It's not their style to be so bold. Some people never say those words: 'I love you' But, like a child, they're longing to be told.

Why am I so soft in the middle when the rest of my life is so hard?

My whole artistic life has always been about change, change, change, move on, move on. It's the only thing I find interesting.

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenements halls and whispered in the sounds of silence

I'm more interested in what I discover than what I invent

Faith is an island in the setting sun, But proof is the bottom line for everyone

I fall to my knees, shake a rattle at the sky, I'm afraid that I'll be taken, abandoned, and forsaken in her cold coffee eyes.

She comes back to tell me she's gone. As if I didn't know that, as if I didn't know my own bed. As if I'd never noticed the way she brushed her hair from her forehead.

No comments: