Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring Quotes

We are now one month into Spring so let us see some quotes about this season:

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." - Anne Bradstreet

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar." - Helen Hayes

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." - Margaret Adwood

"Is it so small a thing
To have enjoy'd the sun,
To have lived light in the spring,
To have loved, to have thought, to have done..." - Matthew Arnold

"Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year." - Robert Frost

No comments: